Friday, July 10, 2015

New Room For you, Happy Entertaining!

So you got your dream new room in your home.  Now you want to show it off.  Here is some great tips on how to entertain in you new space and make your friends enjoy it as much as you do.

First lets put some nice seating in your space. Let us now add a great flow to get every one to enjoy the space with out feeling crowded.  Put the drinks in a fun cooler in on corner of the room and the foods on the opposite corner and finger foods on side tables.  This will help keep your company from getting stuck in one spot.  Great foods to serve at home parties are finger foods like dips and chips, meatballs in barbecue, vegetable tray, cheese tray, and cupcakes.

We have got the seating and the food, now let talk music.  Have a low key music playing in the background to create the welcoming feel.  Add some fresh flowers and plants to your space to bring the outside in.  If it is a nice day open your windows and let fresh air in.

Home Parties do not have to cost a lot and be overwhelming.  When you are enjoying yourself so is your company.  Happy Entertaining!

Permit for your room.

You are ready to move forward with this project.  But wait! Do you need a building permit? How and where do you get a building permit? How much will it cost? And, what can happen if you do not get one?

Building codes have been around for many years, Back in Babylon they had a code that stated that if the building collapsed, the person who built it should be slain. Today's codes are a bit more complex than that.

A building permit is required to protect the health and safety of you and your community to comply with construction safety and community standards. Most states have bylaws that require homeowners and contractors to obtain permits.  Permits helps you or contractors you hire, to plan and build a long lasting and safe environment.

Permit requirements vary from state to state. The best way to find out what your state requires is to call your local governments.  If you live in a town or city the municipal governments will help you. If you live in a unincorporated area, your county government will issue you one.  The offices may be called Department of Community Development, or the Planning Department or even the Housing Permit Department. Most building permits fees are based on the size and cost of the project.  You can call your local Housing Department to find out what they would be in your area.

If you do not get a building permit for your project, the local officials may issue a "stop work order" until you get the proper permits.  If you do complete a project without a permit you could risk  having your project demolished, extra fees, or risk that you project is not safe and have to pay for repairs.

If you do your homework when it comes to your big home projects you will save yourself from stress and extra money that you were not expecting to spend.

Call us at 1-888-323-0594 for the first step of quoting and to find a dealer near you.