No matter where you live, there is a chance that a burglary could take place in your neighborhood. The # 1 months that burglary occurs is in August and July. Robbers generally do not like to burglarize in colder weather months except around holidays in December. Here are some steps to take to help you prevent a burglary in your home.
1. Lock all your windows, doors and any outside storage areas like sheds and garages. This will help to draw attention to a robber trying to get in your home.
2. Install motion detector lights in areas above doors and dark spots around your house. This helps draw attention to the person trying to get in.
3. Landscaping around you home can help prevent robbers by making obstacles for them to navigate around.
4. Change up your routine. This makes it so that they can not predict when you will not be home.
5. Destroy boxes and other materials that might advertise what you have in your home.
6. When you are away have a neighbor or friend collect your mail and check on you home.
7. Check out this great resource from the The National Sheriffs’ Association as they put it follow the 3 D's of prevention. Visit: http://www.usaonwatch.org/assets/publications/HomeSecurityBooklet.pdf
Being proactive in the prevention of theft will help protect your home and your family. You want to be able to enjoy your home knowing that you will be safe. We hope this will help you achieve this.
|Add a Storm door for extra protection to your home.|