The leaves are changing, the cooler and wetter temps are moving in, and the scent of fall fills the air. You know that winter will be here soon and you want to protect your home from the weather. Here are a few tips on what you can do to help prevent damage during the fall and winter.
1. Darkness comes earlier in the fall and winter, make sure your flood lights and outside lighting is working properly.
2. Maintain outside faucets, to help prevent water damage of frozen pipes. take hose off and put in storage and winterize any water ground systems.
3. Check your doors for cracks and air leaks. Seal as need to prevent drafts. Maintain storm doors and handles to make sure they are working properly for colder temperatures.
4. Check windows and storm windows for leaks. Caulk where needed. This might be a time you look into getting storms for your windows.
5. Check your heating systems and have them maintained if needed. Winterize your air conditioners.
6. Clean you gutters make sure clear of debris.
7. Make a roof and chimney and repair as needed.
8. Fill in cracks in your siding.
A quick overview of your home will make a big difference in the life of your home.
If you are of need of a storm door or storm windows please visit our website styleline.biz for more information.